Saturday, October 11, 2008

10/10/08 - What Happened to Chad?

I speak, of course, of Chad Billingsley (#58, RHP), of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Seriously - did any of you watch last night's game (NLCS game 2 vs. the Phillies)? I was shocked, but most of all, I was depressed. (Feel free to leave comments!)

However, I hope we will not forget his NLDS game against the Cubs! The nearest word I have to describe that is "gorgeous" - so, don't even think about claiming he isn't good. Papelbon isn't even close to deserving to wear the same number that Billingsley does.

On a semi-different note, the Rays' win tonight (this morning?) was really quite incredible - I found myself shaking my couchmate to keep her awake even as I booed JD Drew into clumsy misery and cheered BJ Upton on to the most spectacular piece of situational hitting I'd seen all day. I'm really rather happy, and in an ideal world, that would motivate me to do my homework.

No comments: