Sunday, October 19, 2008

THE RAYS ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!

I'm currently far too emotional to write anything that's greatly coherent. I mean, THE RED SOX AREN'T GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES! I'm so happy I could scream ... oh wait, I did! I think I may have scared my neighbors.

In honor of the occasion, I drank about half a bottle of apple cider (we didn't have any non-alcoholic champagne) and jumped up and down and screamed for several minutes before I had the discipline to sit down and write this blog post. My hands are still shaking a bit, and in my mind, I am shouting insults at Lester, Pedroia, etc.

I also have some news that will shock and dismay you greatly (is that grammatically correct?): Due to the epic failz of my math professor's scheduling skills, I will only be able to watch the first three or perhaps four innings of World Series Game 1. I know, I know, it's treasonous ... but I'd prefer not to skip class, and I can always have a friend text me the highlights.

Matt Garza won the ALCS MVP award, and personally, I think he deserves every bit of it! I find that the value of good pitching is often left sadly unappreciated by the general population, but if anyone is going to teach the masses that the best games are often won or lost by the subtle skills of pitching rather than by a slew of home runs, Matt Garza and Cole Hamels would certainly be top of my list to do it. (Wow, what an awkwardly structured sentence.) Since the Red Sox lost, I will not be giving out an Other Team MVP award for the ALCS - however, Dustin Pedroia gets points for making a really funny face when they lost, and Manny Delcarmen gets points for being really not helpful.

No comments: